Benefits of joining
- Retain good staff by offering development opportunities across the Trust.
- Easier succession planning - grow our own leaders and teachers of the future.
- Our Teaching School, ‘Sheffield Teaching School Alliance’ – providing CPD for staff.
- School Direct and SCITT - recruit the best into the profession and offer them lifelong professional development.
- Safety net of support when key staff are absent.
- Specialist support in subject areas.
- We follow national and local terms and conditions for staff.
Support on improving outcomes for all students
- Outstanding teaching and learning at the heart of our Trust.
- We want to improve outcomes for all pupils, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds
- We have track record of providing highly inclusive education for students
- We will go to great lengths to keep students in school
- Excellent SEND professionals
- Rigorous support and advice on safeguarding, inclusion, dyslexia and literacy, autism and communication, behaviour and engagement
- A profession-led response to school improvement – doing it ‘with’ rather than ‘to’.
- Clear accountability for school improvement / stronger governance.
- Support to other schools who cannot or do not wish to convert independently.
Equal admissions status to an outstanding Sixth Form
We would like students at secondary schools within our Trust to also benefit from access to Silverdale Sixth Form on the same admissions basis as Silverdale students. As we grow, this would incorporate other Sixth Form providers within Chorus Education Trust. This will be subject to a consultation.
Providing they meet the admissions criteria, this would mean that students can join the most successful state school Sixth Form in Sheffield. In 2017 our students achieved 72% of their grades at A* to B.
Help shape the Trust offer at all stages
- Investigate how curriculum can work across all stages.
- Transition support - to strengthen and formalise transition.
- Expand sixth form offer across schools.
- Early joiners to Trust to help develop primary offer.
- Support headteachers to concentrate on teaching and learning.
- Central purchasing to deliver economies of scale.
- Specialist finance staff.
- Better and bespoke service for schools, rather than being lost in a big, outsourced service.
- Specialist support for academy finance management and conversion.
- Flexibility in resource deployment.
- School improvement
- Safeguarding and inclusion
- Human resources
- Finance, legal and estates
- Academy conversion
- PR and marketing
- Income generation
- Consistent policies and procedures to avoid confusion (e.g. exam boards, assessment, policy, teaching and learning, leave of absence etc).