STSA Appropriate Body provides a comprehensive package of training and support for schools who embark on Statutory Induction for their NQTs.
To register your NQTs please contact the Appropriate Body email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 0114 235 7999.
NQT welcome event
Held in early September, this event is an opportunity for NQTs from across the STSA to meet and network. The Appropriate Body organises the event to clearly explain the roles and responsibilities of those involved in the process of Statutory Induction and to sign post NQT towards CPD. We invite the trade unions and partners from HE to explain their roles and give NQTs an opportunity to ask questions.
Induction tutor training
Sessions are held in July, September and November for Induction tutors and Head teachers to give them clear guidelines on their obligations under the Statutory Guidance for the Induction of NQTs.
This session is designed for New Induction Tutors and Head Teachers who have appointed NQTs due to start in September.
This is a catch up session is designed for New Induction Tutors and Head teachers
This training session content will give:
- specific guidance on the completion of assessment forms including the Appropriate Body's expectations regarding the detail of comment against the Teaching Standards as well as the administrative detail and protocols.
- guidance on effective monitoring of NQT performance and on the appropriate range of interventions to support NQT's in improving areas of their practice
- guidance on the use the 'Cause for Concern' process:
- when, why and how to submit a 'Course for Concern'
- typical scenarios leading to a 'cause for concern'
- the process arising from the submission of a 'cause for concern' including the roles of the school, appropriate body, NQT and professional association
- possible outcomes of the 'cause for conern' process
- opportunities will be provided for colleagues to share questions, concerns and issues from current practice.
Feedback on the evaluation forms for these events were very positive:
“Very useful to discuss and gain an overview of the processes involved.”
“A lot of support and guidance to help support NQT and guidance for next steps”
“Good clear guidance on the expectations of the role of NQT Induction Tutor.”
“Great to meet with others doing role. Resources/hand-outs really useful”
The Appropriate Body also provides NQT training and development alongside the statutory induction. You can register your NQTs now for our programmes by contacting email@example.com