School improvement services
Our central School Improvement team can provide support on improving outcomes for all students. With ourstanding teaching and learning at the heart of our Trust, we provide a profession-led response to school improvement - doing it 'with' rather than 'to' our colleagues.
Support we have delivered includes:
- Attendance management.
- Governor training and development.
- Behaviour management.
- Developing schemes of work in specific subjects.
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Pastoral care and development.
- Strategic school leadership for SLT members.
- Improvement planning for headteachers.
- Academic English for EAL students.
- Developing effective policies.
- How to coach and mentor staff.
- Managing difficult conversations.
- How to increase student applications to your school.
- Effective communications with parents.
- Safeguarding, inclusion, dyslexia and literacy, autism and communication, behaviour and engagement.
If you have a particular subject you would like to cover, please contact us.
For schools joining our Trust we offer a core package of school improvement services, which includes:
- CEO support
- school improvement co-ordination
- self evaluation systems
- School Direct trainees via our Teaching School
- training and development (CPD) for staff via our Teaching School
- access to Teaching School's National Leaders in Education (NLEs) and Specialist Leaders in Education (SLEs)
- research and development opportunities via our Teaching School
- Ofsted inspections support
- best practice sharing and professional networks
- headteacher meeting facilitation
- headteacher performance management.
Additional support can be given as part of an enhanced package, depending on the annual review of a school's performance.
Available to schools outside our Trust too
Our service is not limited to schools within our Trust. Our experience in our Teaching School, the Sheffield Teaching School Alliance, has meant we have worked with over 60 schools in both South Yorkshire and Derbyshire. We believe in collaboration, so it doesn't matter if your school is not part of Chorus Education Trust - we still want to work with you! All that matters is that you have a commitment to improving outcomes for your students.